WHO WE ARE
Owner Mark Welker offers over thirty years of experience in the culinary arts and the restaurant industry to his clients. With a 24 foot Mobile “kitchen on wheels” Mark delivers big!! “We at SaltWorks Catering understand the personal touch working closely with our clients making your “ Imagination a reality.” Allow us to cater your next once in a life time wedding, corporate event, fundraiser or family reunion with the personalized service you expect and deserve.”
WHY A MOBILE KITCHEN?
Owner Mark Welker thoughtfully designed this kitchen based on over 30 years of experience working in restaurants. Our “kitchen on wheels” allows us to offer variety and customization committed to serving its clients only the freshest, best prepared food.
Our DHEC- certified mobile kitchen has all of the capabilities one would expect to find in a five star restaurant in Downtown Charleston. From slow-roasted prime rib to delicately seared scallops, there is no dish we cannot prepare fresh, and on-site. From the sauté and grill stations to the prep area, the kitchen flows as any chef would expect it to – in the most efficient manner possible.
SaltWorks’ mobile kitchen allows us to quickly change gears from one unique catering event to the next, potentially lowering our client’s catering budget.
SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR MOBILE CATERING KITCHEN INCLUDE:
- DHEC Certification- This means both our process and our equipment meet all DHEC safety guidelines. Our kitchen is clean, our food fresh, and our faces full of smiles.
- Fresh, On-Site Preparation- Ability to serve freshly prepared food at its peak just as our clients deserve
- Custom built 24 foot fully Mobile kitchen
- Royal 6 burner convection range
- Custom built 60 inch chargrill with flat tops
- 2 Royal quick recovery fryers
- True stainless freezer
- True 48 inch make up cooler
- Arctic Air 28 cubic foot refrigerator
- Rinnai hot water heating system
- Self contained power and water supply
- Health department permitted
- Licensed and insured